- n elastic straps that hold trousers up (usually used in the plural)
- n common domestic birds and related forms
- Johnston Murray, 53, onetime (1950-54) Governor of Oklahoma, son of gallus-snapping, tobacco-chawing ex-Governor "Alfalfa Bill" Murray; by Willie Roberta Murray, 47; in Oklahoma .
- Inside, the Georgia legislature commenced the final act of a political drama opened 25 days earlier when gallus-snapping Gene Talmadge, after 20 years of politics and prejudice .
- During the early '203 he blushed, grinned and gallus-thumbed his way into $100,000 a picture, spent much of his fortune on turquoise bathtubs, lost most of the remainder in his .
News & Articles
- Tornado tragedy shines spotlight on storm chasers
Over the past week, Iowa State University professor Bill Gallus has found himself facing the kind of questions only a veteran storm chaser like him could answer in the wake of tragedy that needed some explaining. Unfortunately, Gallus was almost at a loss when it came to the death of Tim Samaras.
June 9, 2013 - The Ames Tribune
- Michael Pollan in San Francisco Chronicle
As Michael Pollan writes in his new book, "What is perhaps most troubling, and sad, about industrial eating is how thoroughly it obscures all these relationships and connections. To go from the chicken (Gallus gallus) to the Chicken McNugget is to...
- Carol Smillie in Scotsman
Wheesht. Gallus. Bissum,says Carol Smillie, listing her favourite Scots words.
- Roy Aitken in Independent
Aitken added: "In the dressing room before every match, they understand they need to give their best. They are not blasÃ© about it. They are gallus [full of spirited swagger]. It's not arrogant, it's belief and desire."