gallstone : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a calculus formed in the gall bladder or its ducts
- In a Rome clinic last week lay Myron Charles Taylor, 66, slowly convalescing from his second gallstone operation in a twelvemonth.
- During his 18 months in North Korea, Vollertsen says he never saw a major operation, such as heart surgery or even the removal of a gallstone: doctors didn't have .
- Though plagued by virus attacks earlier this spring and then by gallstone trouble, she has stumped valiantly through all the primary states, frequently on heavy schedules of her own.
News & Articles
- High BMI = Gallstone Risk in Women
Looking for still more motivation to stick to your diet? This finding from a Danish study published in the journal Hepatology may do the trick: Gallstone disease risk increased 7% for every 1 kg/M2 increase in BMI and women had a higher risk of developing gallstones than men did.
July 12, 2013 - ThirdAge
- Link Between BMI And Increased Risk Of Gallstones Discovered
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Individuals with elevated body mass index ( BMI ) levels appear to be at greater risk of developing gallstones , according to new research appearing in a recent edition of Hepatology , a journal of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases. Women are at greater risk of developing the pebble-like materials, which can result from ...
July 12, 2013 - redOrbit
- Higher BMI increases risk of gallstones, especially in women, study finds
New research reveals a causal association between elevated body mass index (BMI) and increased risk of gallstone disease. Results show women are at greater risk of developing gallstones.
July 11, 2013 - Science Daily
- Jim Bob Duggar in TransWorldNews (press release)
Thank you for all of the well wishes that we've been receiving and we're just really grateful. I am feeling much better,Michelle said. "The gallstone has kind of calmed down a little bit, blood pressure's still kinda getting regulated,...