gallium : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element; brittle at low temperatures but liquid above room temperature; occurs in trace amounts in bauxite and zinc ores
- HelioVolt didn't invent copper indium gallium selenide, a thin film used to generate electricity from sunlight, but it did develop a faster, more cost-effective way to manufacture .
- Different semiconductor materials produce different colors; Nakamura used gallium nitride, which generates blue and white light.
- The raw materials the workers carry are ultra-thin sheets of flexible plastic, which are then coated with a series of chemicals--indium, gallium, diselenide--that allows the module .
News & Articles
- Toshiba Expands High Power C-Band GaN HEMT Product Line to Support the SATCOM Market
Optimized for High Power, Gain and Efficiency to Support Extended C-Band Applications SEATTLE - 2013 INTERNATIONAL MICROWAVE SYMPOSIUM, Booth #2027 - Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC)*, a committed leader that collaborates with technology companies to create breakthrough designs, and its parent company, Toshiba Corp., today announced the expansion of its gallium nitride high ...
June 12, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Toshiba Adds High Gain 200W GaN HEMT Power Amplifier for C-Band RADAR Applications
Offer High Power, Gain and Efficiency to Enhance Weather RADAR Performance SEATTLE - 2013 INTERNATIONAL MICROWAVE SYMPOSIUM, Booth #2027, -Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC)*, a committed leader that collaborates with technology companies to create breakthrough designs, and its parent company, Toshiba Corp., today announced the addition of a 200W C-Band gallium nitride (GaN ...
June 12, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Northrop Grumman Begins Sampling New Gallium Nitride Packaged Power Amplifier
Redondo Beach CA (SPX) Jun 12, 2013 Northrop Grumman has developed a new gallium nitride (GaN) flange packaged power amplifier, APN180FP, targeting military and commercial Ka-band communication applications. This product represents the first commercial availability of a packaged, GaN-based component from the company. "The APN180FP provides customers with a powerful, easy-to-use, high-frequency ...
June 11, 2013 - Space War
- David Rittenhouse in EETimes.com
We also closed our CMOS fab at Murray Hill, keeping only the very high-performance fabrication equipment that we now use for gallium arsenide, custom and optical components,Rittenhouse said.
- Claire Gmachl in EETimes.com
Our material's architecture is deceptively simple-just two alternating layers of semiconducting material-aluminum indium arsenide and highly doped indium gallium arsenide,said Gmachl. "We could have used two other semiconductors, but we...
- Shuji Nakamura in EETimes.com
It is really challenging to get a high yield in gallium nitride device production,said Shuji Nakamura, a professor of materials engineering at the University of California, Santa Barbara, who is best known as a pioneering developer of...