- n a large square-rigged sailing ship with three or more masts; used by the Spanish for commerce and war from the 15th to 18th centuries
- Seventeen tons of silver coins from a sunken Spanish galleon and worth hundreds of millions of dollars are unloaded by Odyssey Marine Exploration.
- Nor could Apollo's galactic galleon have ventured forth without the knowledge amassed by the earlier astronauts, from Alan Shepard and John Glenn on, who dared brutal hazards .
- In the ceiling above it was a galleon in plaster bas-relief sailing majestically under white clouds.
News & Articles
- Inside Gupta's Fall from Goldman
The Billionaire's Apprentice author Anita Raghavan details the rise and fall of Raj Rajaratnam, Rajat Gupta and the Galleon Hedge fund.
June 13, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Quick Take: The Dark Side of Wall Street
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There is a dark side to Wall Street, and TheStreet's Gregg Greenberg spoke to Turney Duff, author of "The Buy Side," about it Wednesday. Duff started as a Morgan Stanley trainee in 1994 and eventually moved to the thriving hedge fund, Galleon Group. He was raking in millions of dollars, but the darker side of Wall Street, including cocaine, would catch up to him and ...
June 12, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- ‘Billionaire’s Apprentice’ Follows Rajat Gupta’s Downfall
The Galleon Group insider-trading scandal involving Raj Rajaratnam and Rajat Gupta featured arrogance, greed and, ultimately, prosecution. To Anita Raghavan, whose riveting new book tells the story in meticulous detail, that’s a sign that Indian-Americans have finally arrived.
June 11, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Wyndham Lewis in New Yorker
A bombastic galleon, palpably bound to, or from, the Spanish Main,Wyndham Lewis wrote about meeting Pound. "Going on board, I discovered beneath its skull and cross-bones, intertwined with fleurs de lys and spattered with preposterous...