- n a sequence of drawings telling a story in a newspaper or comic book
- n an account of an amusing incident (usually with a punch line)
- Last week famed Cartoonist Rea Irvin broke into the "funnies" with a new full-page Sunday series.
- Griffith has actually made room for essays and meditations on the "funnies" page.
- In the never-never world of the funnies, this was the news of the yearcomparable to Henry Ford quitting his motor company and setting up shop in competition across the street.
News & Articles
- Apple Forbids Users from Using iTunes to Make Nuclear Bombs
This has been a good day for the funnies: Jim Dalrymple noted at The Loop that Apple's end-user license agreement (EULA) for iTunes forbids people from using iTunes to make nuclear bombs. Seriously, and you agreed to this when you clicked "I agree." Now what are you going to do, Evil Scientist™? The passage in question reads: You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes ...
June 28, 2013 - The Mac Observer
- Mark Chiarello in USA Today
There's a certain romance to the history of the big old Sunday funnies that I wanted to try to recapture in Wednesday Comics,says DC art director Mark Chiarello. "Why not dust off the format and have a little fun?"
- Richard Yates in Los Angeles Times
He felt as if he were sinking helplessly into the cushions and the papers and the bodies of his children like a man in quicksand,Yates describes Frank. "When the funnies were finished at last he struggled to his feet, quietly gasping, and...
- George Carlin in Voice of America
Here's the great thing about Aggie's job. Not only did she bring home the funnies every week. She brought them home four weeks early,Carlin said. "Are you hearing this? Every week, I had the Sunday funnies a month before the other kids. I...