funded : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v convert (short-term floating debt) into long-term debt that bears fixed interest and is represented by bonds
- v place or store up in a fund for accumulation
- v provide a fund for the redemption of principal or payment of interest
- v invest money in government securities
- v accumulate a fund for the discharge of a recurrent liability
- v furnish money for
- a furnished with funds
- These mobs are bussed in by well funded, highly organized groups run by Republican operatives and funded by the special interests who are desperately trying to stop the agenda for .
- The Biturbo was the product of a desperate, under-funded company circling the drain of bankruptcy, and it shows.
- The study, which was funded by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and lasted from 2003 to 2005, involved 605 veterans most of whom were white men with an average age of 64 .
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
We stand united in saying loud and clear that when we've got a troop in harm's way, we expect that troop to be fully funded,Bush said, surrounded by Republicans, "and we got commanders making tough decisions on the ground, we expect there...
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
That makes for a good sound bite, but it's not factually accurate. It is not true,Obama said. "A vote for reform is a vote to put a stop to taxpayer-funded bailouts."
- George Gillett in USA Today
Tom needs to understand that I will not sell my shares to him and that we need to find a way forward that is properly funded and truly in the best interests of Liverpool Football Club,Gillett said. "The real business of winning matches and...