- n a reserve of money set aside for some purpose
- n a supply of something available for future use
- n a financial institution that sells shares to individuals and invests in securities issued by other companies
- v convert (short-term floating debt) into long-term debt that bears fixed interest and is represented by bonds
- v place or store up in a fund for accumulation
- v provide a fund for the redemption of principal or payment of interest
- v invest money in government securities
- v accumulate a fund for the discharge of a recurrent liability
fund a medical care plan
- v furnish money for
The government funds basic research in many areas
- There's an unpleasant surprise awaiting the last investors to leave a hedge fund.
- Standard Poor's released its latest Indices Versus Active Funds Scorecard today, and the headline result is the same one delivered by almost every study of mutual fund .
- One organization chooses the world's wonders that most need protection and lists them as endangered-species and eligible for international stewardship and restoration funds.