- a gestated for the entire duration of normal pregnancy
a healthy full-term baby
- Like previous studies on preemies, Swamy's research found that men and women who were born preterm achieved less education than their full-term peers not a surprise, since many .
- Tactics include creating residential areas for first-years only, encouraging student-faculty interaction, extending orientation to full-term classes and hiring extra staff who plan .
- Up to half the eggs younger women produce carry chromosomal abnormalities that make a full-term pregnancy impossible; that number climbs to three-quarters as women age.
News & Articles
- Healthy, full-term babies use a different stress hormone than their mother
New research has identified how a steroid hormone may indicate infant distress during labor and delivery. The study suggests that a full-term, healthy baby preferentially secretes a different stress hormone than its mother does.
June 17, 2013 - Science Daily
- University of Calgary: Healthy, full-term babies use a different stress hormone than their mother
A University of Calgary researcher has identified how a steroid hormone may indicate infant distress during labour and delivery. The study, published by PLOS ONE this month, suggests that a full-term, ...
June 17, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- US lags behind developed world in successful births
According to the Centers for Disease Control, one in 9 children in the United States is before the 37 week period required to be considered a full-term birth. Nearly 25,000 babies a year die in infancy and each year hundreds of women still die in childbirth. These alarming national statistics are also costly for the American economy, with studies estimating it cost the healthcare system over $26 ...
June 13, 2013 - Local 6 Orlando