- s (of a bird) having reached full development with fully grown adult plumage; ready to fly
- s (of persons, e.g.) having gained full status
a full-fledged lawyer
by the age of seventeen I was a full-fledged atheist
- Over the next couple of years she turned her online persona into a full-fledged business.
- Though you can't choose between shortest distance and shortest time like many full-fledged systems, the route chosen is generally the quickest.
- In less than three years, PPR has built a full-fledged luxury group with a mix of brands.
News & Articles
- Bonita Springs arts center on the way
Bonita Springs will get its first full-fledged performing arts center next March.
June 15, 2013 - The News-Press
- Inventory Levels Easing As Home Prices Rise, Negative Equity Retreats
For months the pool of available homes has dramatically dwindled as more buyers have jumped into the recovering housing market. Burgeoning demand for that shrinking supply has fueled home price increases across most of the U.S. and in the most sought-after areas, full-fledged bidding wars amid claims of nascent housing shortages.
June 14, 2013 - Forbes
- New York Jets' Geno Smith, Not Mark Sanchez, Takes Majority of Reps
COMMENTARY | If anyone still doubts that the New York Jets and head coach Rex Ryan have thrown quarterback Mark Sanchez into a full-fledged competition, those doubts can disappear right about now. In Wednesday's minicamp practice, rookie second-round draft pick Geno Smith took the majority of the snaps at quarterback, partially supplanting Sanchez, at least for the day.
June 13, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Dmitry Medvedev in AFP
I hope that my American colleague and I will hold substantial and full-fledged talks that will produce real results,Medvedev said.
- Mohamed ElBaradei in AFP
Iran continues to maintain that these alleged weaponisation studies related to conventional weapons only or are fabricated. However a full-fledged examination of this issue has yet to take place,ElBaradei said.
- Benazir Bhutto in Forbes
We welcome Musharraf's decision to shed the uniform,said former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, leader of one of the two main opposition parties. "Now the Pakistani army has got a full-fledged chief and they can better perform their...