frisking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of searching someone for concealed weapons or illegal drugs
- v play boisterously
- v search as for concealed weapons by running the hands rapidly over the clothing and through the pockets
- In a culture that forbids male policemen or checkpoint guards from frisking women yet also frowns on women joining the security forces many have easy passage to high-value .
- Banksy, the British guerrilla artist, has already sprayed the wall with a few of his ironic creations (my favorite: a little girl in a pink frock frisking an armed soldier).
- Francois Villon is generally conceived to have been a frisking, lyrical scapegrace, much in the manner of John Barrymore's cinema portrayal of The Beloved Rogue, an essentially .
News & Articles
- U.S. Backs Monitor for NYPD If Ruling Goes Against the City
The Justice Department's involvement has been sought for several years by civil rights lawyers who claim the NYPD has a top-down policy of stopping, questioning and frisking tens of thousands of people each year without reasonable suspicion, disproportionately young black and hispanic men.
June 14, 2013 - Law.com
- For juvenile detainees, 'Supper Club' brings stable connection
Teens meet mentors for dinner, conversation and constancy You empty your pockets of change, keys and pens, walk slowly through a metal detector and raise your arms above your head for a top-to-bottom frisking.
June 11, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Praful Patel in Times of India
The frisking was absolutely unpardonable,minister of state for civil aviation Praful Patel said in the Rajya Sabha. "Action will be taken in accordance with the sentiments of the house."
- Ambika Soni in Oneindia
Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni, said, "I don't think frisking is conducted with a religious bias in mind, but in the US, there have been many such cases when authorities go overboard. Soni demanded that American citizens...
- P Chidambaram in Mangalorean.com
Asked if India too would treat visiting US dignitaries or their high-profile citizens in the same manner, Chidambaram said: "We will tell them that we do it (frisking) and checking only in civilised manner."