- v cause fear in
The stranger who hangs around the building frightens me
- v drive out by frightening
- His idea of fun was to frighten his parents putting a sheet over his head and jumping out at them from a closet, or tying a string to a bedroom curtain and making it move after .
- Nothing was more surely calculated to frighten the Malays, in particular the Malay "ultras" (right-wingers), who have long preached the doctrine of Malaysia for the Malays.
- It's just that dogs frighten me and kind of gross me out.
News & Articles
- Baby sitter convicted of abusing Norton girl
ATTLEBORO, Mass. — A Norton woman was found guilty Thursday of molesting and assaulting a girl she babysat at the child's home, but acquitted of punching her younger brother. The Attleboro Sun Chronicle reports ( http://bit.ly/176ktcU ) a prosecutor said Crystal Goodis, 33, created "a house of horrors," including wearing Halloween-type costumes and playing horror movies to frighten the ...
June 14, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Pixar’s Monsters University: When Hairy Met Scary
These creatures of the night emerge to frighten and feed off their victims: young children who tell their skeptical parents that ghosts and goblins lurk in their closets. The kids are right. Those monsters are not a figment of infant fears; they are a race of ogres from an alternative world whose only energy source is a high volume of audible nightmares. As human blood is to vampires, a child’s ...
June 13, 2013 - Time Magazine
- LATEST NEWS
ATTLEBORO, Mass. (AP) — A Norton woman has been found guilty of molesting and assaulting a 4-year-old girl she baby-sat in her home. The Attleboro Sun Chronicle reports ( http://bit.ly/176ktcU) that prosecutors said 33-year-old Crystal Goodis created "a house of horrors" that included wearing Halloween-type costumes and playing horror movies to frighten the girl and her 3-year-old brother.
June 13, 2013 - Greenwich Time
- President Bush in CNN
If you want to kill the bill, if you don't want to do what's right for America, you can pick one little aspect out of it. You can use it to frighten people,Bush said.
- Amir Peretz in International Herald Tribune
If there is an answer to terror, it is that the state of Israel is living and breathing, and in Sderot there are elections,Peretz said. "Despite everything, Sderot residents will prove that Hamas does not frighten them and will come to...
- Tony Blair in CNN International
We know why these things are done. They're done to scare people and to frighten them, to make them anxious and worried,Blair said.