- n an emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight)
- v cause fear in
The stranger who hangs around the building frightens me
Ghosts could never affright her
- Minks are famed for their ravenous appetites, their expensive pelts, their cannibalistic habit of devouring their young when frightened.
- The money raised, minus commissions, would go directly to the fright master himself in the form of a loan.
- This terminal point of stage fright is blessedly brief: "Full recovery," says Kaplan, "is usually rapid.
News & Articles
- Hit The Floor Sneak Peek: Time To Make Love To The Camera
A first look at Monday's episode finds Kyle in her element, and Ahsha experiencing stage fright during her first Devil Girl photo shoot.
June 12, 2013 - Vh1 Blog
- Turkish central bank boosts lira as clashes obscure economic gains
By Seda Sezer ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkey's central bank acted to support the lira on Tuesday and Turkish debt insurance costs rose, as markets - looking past data on faster economic growth - took fright at fresh police and protester clashes in Istanbul. Citing "excessive volatility ... due to international and domestic developments during the last month", the central bank said it planned short ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Op-ed: 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' and the War on Sexual Violence
The members of the U.S. military are fearless, but their commanders seem to be full of fright when it comes to dealing with sexual assault and rape. read more
June 11, 2013 - The Advocate
- Roger Federer in ESPN
First, I don't know exactly what happened,Federer said. "That gave me a fright, seeing him so close right away. It happened at Wimbledon and once at Montreal, [so] it wasn't the first time."
- Jerry Wexler in Washington Post
In the early sessions, I just sat there watching (Ertegun) while I was cowering in fright,Wexler told The Associated Press in 2001. "But as time went on, we proved to be a very successful team. ...... We went on the road together, we hung...
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
We talked about the need to reject and fight terrorism,Bush added immediately, a reference to Israel's vulnerability. "We understand the fright that can come when you're worried about a rocket landing on top of your home. "