- n an architectural ornament consisting of a horizontal sculptured band between the architrave and the cornice
- n a heavy woolen fabric with a long nap
- In another frieze, a pride of lions were depicted hunting bison.
- To someone who comes from Greece, this must seem like a strange concept: the Parthenon frieze in the possession of the Louvre has become, ipso facto, French.
- Its sparkling roof, white as sugar icing, is decorated by a frieze of pink and blue imitation candy hearts.
News & Articles
- Proof That Dots Isn’t Just A Mobile Game, It’s A High-Concept Contemporary Art Project
Dots, the hot new mobile game about connecting dots, could be the first contemporary art game. Dots is "the first mobile game with a direct design pedigree inspired by contemporary art," Porter wrote on his personal blog . "It's doubtful we will see game designers prowling the halls of Art Frieze and Art Basal, looking for their next inspiration, but I think we can say in certain areas, we are ...
June 20, 2013 - Business Insider
- Bernard Tschumi in Forbes
One of its goals is to reunite all the sculptures of the statues of one particular period, including some of them that are now far away, like part of the Parthenon frieze which is in the British Museum,said Tschumi, who holds Swiss and French...
- Wirth in Bloomberg
Countless monuments, medallions, plaques, sculptures, seals, frescoes, and friezes - including, of course, the Supreme Court's own courtroom frieze - commemorate the Decalogue. Nothing in the Constitution requires these historic artifacts to be... Greg Abbott http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Abbott&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHt2A51iod9qvN19Ewt5fC8vP2dHA FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,149162,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFxGm67GIZqntBGSjDLwnkDY_9hiw Mar 2, 2005
40038 51480 frieze Our hope for the booth (at Frieze) is that it sells out," said Wirth. "We also have stock in the galleries that will be sold during Frieze."