freon : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any one or more chlorofluorocarbons (or related compounds) that are used as an aerosol propellant, organic solvent, or refrigerant
- Instead of cooling the interior of the refrigerator with freon a serious contributor to global warming Einstein's design uses ammonia, butane and water.
- A few could cite "Double Indemnity," in which she set the mold for the freon-cool killer femmes of film noir.
- And the freon I'm sure, will show in the flight data recorder, he tried to use.
News & Articles
- Maintenance first step in reducing air conditioning bills
With temperatures moving upward, keeping the house cool depends on a cooling system that is in good working order. Over time, even the best cooling systems will eventually work at less than maximum efficiency. If a cooling system isn't putting out cool air like it should or its not working at all, several factors should be considered. Cooling systems depend on Freon and if the [...]
June 18, 2013 - The Pratt Tribune
- Thieves target air conditioners but not for copper wiring; they're looking for a deadly high
The HVAC industry is aware of a growing trend-- freon thefts, or thefts of entire AC units to get the freon and huff it for a high. Air conditioners are hot targets for thieves in Springfield but not only for the reason you may think. They've been making big bucks off the copper wiring for years-- now they're going for the whole unit, possibly in search of a deadly high.
June 15, 2013 - KSPR Springfield
- Don Young in Anchorage Daily News (registration)
But to have people come down and talk about we gotta do this, we gotta change that, we don't use Freon anymore, you don't use underarm deodorant, you can't do these kinds of things -- you know, that is pure nonsense,Young said.