frantic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s excessively agitated; distraught with fear or other violent emotion
frantic with anger and frustration
- s marked by uncontrolled excitement or emotion
something frantic in their gaiety
- All over the Reich desperate variations sounded on this single frantic theme: work and fight.
- To those who will never follow in his footsteps, submerged as they are in a world of cynicism, self-interest and frantic consumption, nothing could be more vicariously gratifying .
- In two years of frantic stock swapping and cash deals, Randell acquired 27 companies (a student-insurance concern, a poster maker, the publishers of Europe on $5 a Day).
News & Articles
- Heat avert disaster in fourth quarter, win Game 6 in overtime
James powered Miami to a frantic fourth-quarter rally and overtime escape as the Heat beat the San Antonio Spurs 103-100 on Tuesday night to extend the NBA Finals as far as they can go and keep Miami's repeat chances alive.
June 19, 2013 - Detroit News
- Mark Jackson fine with current Warriors contract
Mark Jackson is the Zen Don Nelson — similar Warriors success, much less frantic financial agitation. So: Jackson is not going to scheme for a bigger, longer contract this summer after leading the Warriors to a surprise playoff run, though that’s exactly what Nelson did after the franchise’s previous postseason berth. If a new deal for Jackson [...]
June 19, 2013 - Inside Hoops
- Heat force Game 7 with overtime win over Spurs
James powered Miami to a frantic fourth-quarter rally and overtime escape as the Heat beat the Spurs 103-100 on Tuesday night to extend the NBA Finals as far as they can go and keep Miami's repeat chances alive.
June 19, 2013 - The Norwich Bulletin
- Dwight Freeney in Forbes
When everybody else is frantic and running around like 'What do we have to do next,' all you have to do is look at Coach (nyse: COH - news - people ),three-time Pro Bowler Dwight Freeney said. "Coach is calm, and I think that trickles down...
- Deron Williams in ESPN
The same thing that hurt us in LA, hurt us again. We had to play from behind and we could never get over the hump,Williams said. "We gave them a little pressure in the second half and they got a little bit frantic. We should have been...
- Kim Howells in Public Service
Howells said: "We will look at any evidence that's put before us, and there are court cases pending at the moment, and they go back mainly to a period around 9/11 when there was frantic activity around the world. But I can tell you that we found no...