fortieth : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n position 40 in a countable series of things
- s the ordinal number of forty in counting order
- Queen Elizabeth II is the fortieth monarch since William the Conqueror obtained the crown of England.
- The crowd of 10,000 was less than one-fortieth the size of the last peacetime meeting.
- Indiana spotted itself for distinction: with one-fortieth of the nation's population, it had almost one-half of the measles14,096 cases.
News & Articles
- O.C. manufacturing thrives on innovation
On a factory floor in Rancho Santa Margarita, Todd Egan's machine cuts through steel with measurements as precise as one-fortieth the width of a human hair. "I'm proud of my job," says Egan, who makes molds for surgical devices at Applied Medical...
July 10, 2013 - Tustin News
- Diane Schuur in JazzTimes Magazine
This recording is a celebration of the fortieth anniversary of my mother's death,says Schuur, whose mother died at age 31 in January 1967, when the aspiring young vocalist and musician was only 13 years old. "This is a celebration of the...
- John Sheahan in Strabane Chronicle (registration)
We last played Dublin for the fortieth anniversary at the Gaiety in 2002,says John. "But this room offered a real intimacy."
- Cleve Jones in CBS News
A door opened with the election of Barack Obama and the Democratic majority in both houses, the fortieth anniversary of Stonewall, the film Milk, Proposition 8--all of these things combined to open a door,Jones said. "That door is swinging...