- n the time of life between 40 and 50
- n the decade from 1940 to 1949
- n the cardinal number that is the product of ten and four
- Of all the dapper gentlemen, none was more inspired and self-confident than Arnold Rothstein, a sleek Jew inclining to flesh in his late forties.
- Willie Mays stumbling in his forties with the Mets, Muhammad Ali falling to Leon Spinks and doing roach motel commercials in the late-seventies, Joe Namath tossing interceptions .
- He's in his forties, broad-shouldered with close-cropped hair.
- Kenny Perry in CNN International
I had multiple wins in '03, '05 and '08. My forties have been pretty good for me,Perry added.
- Steve Lowery in Reuters
At 47-years-old, it was perfect timing for me,Lowery told reporters on the eve of Thursday's opening round in the pro-am celebrity event. "It was a huge relief because there are not a lot of guys in their late forties out here that are...
- Alastair Cook in CricInfo.com
I'd played a few games and got a couple of forties but I hadn't really made a score so to get to three figures, especially at the start of your career, is always nice,said Cook. "It shows you and everyone else that you can do it. Now it's...