- v foreordain by divine will or decree
- v foreordain or determine beforehand
- s established or prearranged unalterably
his place in history was foreordained
- It was foreordained that Hathaway would be a finalist, but she's unlikely to overcome the Winslet onslaught.
- Qiu's preoccupation with China's tumultuous recent past was foreordained.
- A couple more elections like this with the result not treated like a foreordained conclusion by clued-in news anchors and some of us might even develop the crazy idea .
News & Articles
- Teacher insurance: Any solution will require more money, Gov. Mike Beebe says
Gov. Mike Beebe spoke in Northwest Arkansas today. He said, according to Tweets from various there, on the current hot topic of public school employee insurance rates: * He's not averse to a special session to reduce the rate shock. * He doesn't want a special session without a foreordained consensus solution. * Any solution will require more money. I haven't yet seen if he invoked a favorite ...
Sept. 10, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Robert Gates in Washington Post
The outcome of that evaluation is not foreordained,Gates told the defense subcommittee of the Senate's Appropriations Committee.
- George HW Bush in CBS News
In an election that was uncontested, where opposition candidates were either suppressed or arrested, where the result was foreordained by the manipulations of a corrupt and undemocratic regime, the one thing that was never in doubt was the result.... John McCain http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEhauRSvpu74c5JI21AhXVu-x_kmQ Kommersant http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.kommersant.com/p864037/Election_comment/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGln1uNct1gLZdMMpl7wR9xsLs1VA Mar 6, 2008
39019 50365 foreordained In both World War II and the Cold War, Bush said, Freedom's victory was far from foreordained. It would require vigilance in the face of laxity; courage in the face of appeasement; moral clarity in the face of relativism; and above all else, hope...