- n the founder of a family
keep the faith of our forefathers
- n person from an earlier time who contributed to the tradition shared by some group
our forefathers brought forth a great nation
- And the boy's forefather did just that, at the very height of empire, when the Sons of Heaven, as the Emperors were called, could afford to sneer at the Western barbarians begging .
- The vote, he told Milan daily Corriere della Sera, fell well short of the clear mea culpa that his legendary forefather deserves.
- PHILIP HOWARD, Earl of Arundel and forefather of the present Duke of Norfolk, who was caught trying to escape to France.
- King Gyanendra in Indian Muslims
The crown never sought power,said Gyanendra who had stepped out of constitutional monarchy to head the government directly. "The crown is older than the unification of Nepal. If (my forefather) Prithvi Narayan Shah had not unified Nepal,...
- Franklin Drilon in ABS CBN News
Our leaders have been known to give up their lives for freedom and democracy. We rededicate ourselves to the principles that our party stands for and our forefather fought for,Drilon said.
- Frederick Douglass in findingDulcinea
Another of King's influences was Frederick Douglass, called the "forefather of the civil rights movement."