- r in an unpleasant or menacing manner
it was forbiddingly dark in the corridor
- Nature's plumbing is so delicate and complex that the surgical feat of putting a transplanted kidney into its normal place in the human body would have been forbiddingly difficult.
- Suddenly, Gullfoss the Golden Falls lies before us, forbiddingly beautiful.
- Even its author calls it "forbiddingly technical, a practitioner's manual.
News & Articles
- What Maisie Knew (Blu-ray)
Recommended THE FILM Please Note: The images used here are taken from the DVD edition also included in this retail package, and do not directly reflect the picture quality of the Blu-ray edition under review. Let it be said from the start that, although co-directors Scott McGehee and David Siegel's new film What Maisie New is based on an 1897 novel by the forbiddingly masterful Henry James ( The ...
Aug. 14, 2013 - DVD Talk
- Terry Marotta: What good neighbors really are
But not 30 seconds after we opened the van’s rear gate, a muscular woman with short curly hair from the house behind this one shot out of her back door and began trotting toward the chest-high chain link fence that separated her yard from this one. Then, without so much as a pause for breath, she placed two hands on its forbiddingly spiky top, gave herself a boost and vaulted over it. "Talk ...
Aug. 11, 2013 - The MetroWest Daily News