- Both Barack Obama and John McCain began their final week of campaigning in Ohio on Monday, where polls have shown the two candidates in a too-close-to-call footrace for weeks.
- Clinton has been more confiding about her faith in recent months, in part because she is in an unexpected footrace for the churchgoing vote.
- It's not for nothing that scientists are in such a footrace to get the human genome mapped.
News & Articles
- July 4 race gives a nod to Boogie
Call it the Boogie’s Buddy Race. That’s the new name for a July 4 footrace that had been known as the Boogie’s Diner Five Mile Charity Race, the Buddy Program announced Wednesday. Boogie is the nickname of Lenny Weinglass, a philanthropist and businessman who has lived in Aspen for 30 years.
June 26, 2013 - The Aspen Times
- Firecracker 5000
Be one of the first to celebrate the Fourth of July by participating in Seattle's only midnight 5K. Taking place on the streets of Seattle and finishing near the International Fountain inside the Seattle Center, this late night 5K footrace starts just before midnight on July 3rd and continues into the Fourth of July.
June 26, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Jay DeMerit in Philadelphia Inquirer
I have nothing against Massachusetts politicians running for president. But the world's most important elected office carries responsibilities, including the duty to check your facts even if you're in a footrace to the right against Sarah... John Kerry http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGeVo7lZZrVLxpZYOe1L2RWeIhupQ Boston Globe http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2010/07/kerry_romney_wa.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEUd1h6W_PLhgS8Bv6iOJ1VJUskJw Jul 7, 2010
38851 50172 footrace The flight of the ball was a bit strange," DeMerit said. "I remember looking at it kind of looping. Those balls are hard to run onto sometimes. It was a bit of a footrace; we knew their forward was very sharp. He got there first - sharp...
- Sam Mitchell in Calgary Sun
If it was a eating contest, I'd probably take Charles. If it was a footrace, I'd probably take Dick,Mitchell said, laughing.