footless : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be about
- v act foolishly, as by talking nonsense
- a having no feet or analogous appendages
- In the finishing area where makeup and nails are applied, a scene both horrible and erotic confronts my eyes: dangling from chains from the ceiling are seven headless, footless .
- A great play is flooded by its author with inner light, and it is usually some jaded director who drags the drama off on some footless side path and leaves it mired and mangled.
- He contends it would have been "footless" to bring his destroyers and cruisers into Luzon waters after control of the air had been lost.
News & Articles
- Bridge to nowhere gets new funding
It's form over function for the Ithaca bridge over Route 13 that takes pedestrians nowhere. But despite the disuse, the iconic overpass isn't getting off scot free. Tamara Lindstrom tells us how the footless bridge is costing taxpayers.
Aug. 8, 2013 - YNN Syracuse
- Zahi Hawass in Al-Ahram Weekly
Despite these mummies being footless they are very well preserved and wearing gilded masks,says Zahi Hawass, secretary-general of the SCA .The eastern side of the necropolis, the site of Graeco-Roman burials, contained three more mummies,...
- Trelise Cooper in Stuff.co.nz
High-profile US fashion blog Go Fug Yourself criticised her this week for the Trelise Cooper ensemble - described as "a waistcoat with a skirt that looks like it's been tucked up into the world's only pair of baggy footless pantyhose" - that she...