folklore : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the unwritten lore (stories and proverbs and riddles and songs) of a culture
- You more or less know the Este Lauder story because it's a chapter from the book of American business folklore.
- Full of facts and folklore, it makes those night skies a whole lot friendlier.
- He wants them to know that in its 176-year history, the church has never endorsed a presidential candidate and that much of the folklore surrounding its beliefs just isn't true.
News & Articles
- An artistic cowboy shootout at "Weekend in the West" at Evergreen Fine Art Gallery
The Evergreen Fine Art Gallery has a little fun this weekend, mixing two bits of local folklore - the grand, Western painting and a good, old-fashioned cowboy shootout - into one offbeat event.
June 21, 2013 - Denver Post
- American Folklore Theatre: 'Loose Lips' co-creator discusses show's origins
This week, American Folklore Theatre opens 'Loose Lips Sink Ships,' the last of our three shows that will run in repertory the rest of the summer.
June 19, 2013 - Door County Advocate
- Folklore of New York Inland Waterways Set Saturday at Marine Museum
The H. Lee White Museum and Maritime Center’s 2013 History Lecture Series features Daniel Ward, curator of Collections and Exhibitions at the Erie Canal Museum in Syracuse, who will be presenting “Folklore of New York Inland Waterways,” on June 22 at 1:30 p.m. Continue reading ? The post Folklore of New York Inland Waterways Set Saturday at Marine Museum appeared first on Oswego County Today .
June 18, 2013 - Oswego County Today
- Des O Connor in BBC News
Speaking of his time on Countdown, O'Connor said: "It's been wonderful hosting a programme which is part of TV folklore. I've made a lot of new friends. Carol Vorderman has been a joy...... it's been a giggle since day one. But I miss the thrill of...
- Kevin Rudd in NEWS.com.au
Special purpose payments (SPP) are part of the deep structure, folklore and mysticism of Commonwealth-State relations,Mr Rudd said. "If you have worked in these areas before, as I have, they are a source of frustration at multiple levels...
- Tony Kelly in NEWS.com.au
Both the lands and waters of Lennox are recognised worldwide as a breeding ground for surfing legends and folklore,Mr Kelly said. "We want to make sure those waters are protected for surfers for the future."