- s elaborately or excessively ornamented
the senator's florid speech
- s inclined to a healthy reddish color often associated with outdoor life
- Don't try to obfuscate the issue with florid comments, just get to the point.
- After Jane sifted through the florid talk, she realized that she had got into a deal that was heavily stacked against her.
- Henri Torres, chief counsel for the defense, florid, bloated, dynamic, put his histrionic abilities to the test when, leaping past his colleagues into the middle of the .
News & Articles
- 'Rushlights' is a Tarantino rip-off
'Rushlights' is a ludicrously florid indie noir about a guy, a girl and an inheritance con. If ever a movie signaled that the Quentin Tarantino copycat age of empty-headed wink-wink genre rehashing is still with us, 'Rushlights' is that movie.
June 21, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Movie review: 'Rushlights' is a con job on every level
Rushlightsis a ludicrously florid indie noir about a guy, a girl and an inheritance con that rarely plays like anything more than an extended re-enactment one might find on a basic cable true-crime show.
June 20, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Mel Gibson in WISC
You can't take (reviews) seriously. You don't take the good ones as florid as they are, and you don't take the bad ones for as bad as they get,Gibson said. "There are honest critics and there are disingenuous ones. There are some people...
- Boris Johnson in The Age
Johnson said it seemed a "perfectly fair, florid, flowery metaphor for what's going on in the Labour Party", the BBC reported.
- Twiggy in Courier Mail
He told me he came back because he loved the place,Twiggy says as he steers the car with one hand and grabs my dictaphone with the other so I can scribble notes. "He was quite tall, with a florid, almost half-caste complexion. Bespectacled...