flight : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a formation of aircraft in flight
- n an instance of traveling by air
- n a stairway (set of steps) between one floor or landing and the next
- n the act of escaping physically
his flight was an indication of his guilt
- n an air force unit smaller than a squadron
- n passing above and beyond ordinary bounds
a flight of fancy
flights of rhetoric
flights of imagination
- n the path followed by an object moving through space
- n a flock of flying birds
- n a scheduled trip by plane between designated airports
I took the noon flight to Chicago
- v shoot a bird in flight
- v fly in a flock
flighting wild geese
- v decorate with feathers
- A holiday flight in Japan slams into a mountain and takes 520 lives.
- Two minutes later, the flight of American One was overand so were the lives of its 95 passengers and crew members.
- Commercial flights, not affected by the light wind, were using the same runway but in the opposite direction (designated Runway 27, short for 270).
News & Articles
- First flight of Airbus A350 reopens wide-body race
First flight of Airbus A350 reopens wide-body race Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 3:34 pm, Friday, June 14, 2013 First flight of Airbus A350 reopens wide-body race PARIS (AP) — Airbus sent a new wide-body plane into the skies Friday that sets the stage for intensifying ...
June 15, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- Flight for Life called to accident involving lawnmower, car
TOWN OF RANDALL (WITI) — Flight for Life was called to an accident involving a lawnmower being hit by a...
June 15, 2013 - FOX 6 Milwaukee
- Flight Attendants Picket at Charlottesville Albemarle Airport
Six flight attendants with Maryland-based Piedmont Airlines marched along the sidewalk in matching red shirts, signs held high, leaflets in hand Thursday afternoon, asking passengers and airport staff for their support in their ongoing fight for fair...
June 14, 2013 - Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- Bertrand Piccard in Contra Costa Times
The goal of the project is to have a solar-powered plane flying day and night without fuel,Solar Impluse team co-founder Bertrand Piccard told the AP. "This flight is crucial for the credibility of the project."
- Barack Obama in Focus News
We will never forget those who died. We will always remember the heroic efforts of our firefighters, police and emergency responders, and those who sacrificed their own lives on Flight 93 to protect their fellow Americans,Obama said in a...