flickering : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v move back and forth very rapidly
- v shine unsteadily
- v flash intermittently
- s shining unsteadily
- Among about a dozen bouquets of flowers, handwritten notes and flickering candles stood a hand-drawn portrait of the square-jawed actor, a cigarette jutting from his lips .
- From the other side, you catch glimpses of the windows of the Heera Mandi, flickering with lamplight as the women take up their positions in the district's doorways.
- A sudden windstorm has damaged a power transformer on my street in Lahore, so I am forced to hunt through my sock drawer in flickering candlelight.
News & Articles
- Grass Damaged During GoogaMooga Will Finally Be Reseeded This Week
Have you awoken each day, the flickering light of consciousness just beginning to penetrate your sleep-addled brain, when suddenly, you've wondered: Could this be it? Could today be the day that someone finally tells me what's going on with the grass killed in Prospect Park during GoogaMooga? [ more › ]
June 13, 2013 - Gothamist
- Spooky campfire tales brought to life
A circle of kids sits in the dark around a fire, light flickering across their faces, listening to stories of unexplained mysteries, ghosts and things that go bump in the night.
June 13, 2013 - Jackson County Pilot
- Severe Thunderstorm Watch in effect for Randolph
ASHEBORO — A storm blew through Randolph County around 5 p.m. on Thursday afternoon, leaving a wake of downed trees and people without power. For a time, the power was flickering at The Courier-Tribune, located at 500 Sunset Avenue. Before the storm hit, Randolph County Emergency Management issued an alert for severe weather for Central North Carolina, including Randolph County. The alert was ...
June 13, 2013 - Asheboro Courier-Tribune