- n the wool of a sheep or similar animal
- n tanned skin of a sheep with the fleece left on; used for clothing
- n a soft bulky fabric with deep pile; used chiefly for clothing
- n outer coat of especially sheep and yaks
- v rip off; ask an unreasonable price
- v shear the wool from
- Where do old fleece jackets go to die? Back to the mountain.
- She will make fleece jackets and recycle the remnant materialeven collecting other companies' leftoversas stuffing for poufs in her home-furnishings line.
- Scott Boilen, CEO and president of Allstar Products Group, the company that makes the sleeved fleece, is familiar with Snuggie haters; he's seen Cosgrove's rant: "Publicity is .
News & Articles
- Science grant oversight can miss point of research - OUR OPINION
A generation or so ago, if the subject of, say, a government-funded research project sounded somewhat ridiculous, it might win a “Golden Fleece Award.”
June 13, 2013 - The Oakland Press
- Brandon T. Jackon: Exclusive 'Percy Jackson' Poster!
Check out this cool new, and exclusive character poster of Brandon T. Jackson from Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters! We’ve also got our hands on Clarisse La Rue’s poster, played by Leven Rambin. To save their world, Percy (Logan Lerman) and his friends must find the fabled and powerfully magic Golden Fleece. Embarking on a [...]
June 12, 2013 - Just Jared Jr.
- Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair returns to Lake County
Returning this month to the Lake County Fairgrounds, the Midwest Fiber & Folk Art Fair is the only event in the Chicago area that covers all the fiber arts, from fleece to finished fabric.
June 11, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Russ Feingold in FOXNews
Senator Proxmire leaves behind an unparalleled legacy as a defender of the American taxpayer and one of the hardest working Senators in US history,said Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis. "Whether he was handing out his Golden Fleece Awards to keep...
- Jack Dromey in ic Wales
Jack Dromey, deputy general secretary of Unite, said, "Private equity take our members' jobs, they pile our companies with debt, they fleece all of us by not paying their fair share of tax and then they expect us to be grateful."
- Bantu Holomisa in Dispatch Online
We now have a situation where Eskom's plans are not possible unless they fleece the public with massive tariff increases,Holomisa said. "And we have a ruling party that stands to benefit to the tune of billions of rands if Eskom continues...