- n hairy perennial Eurasian herb with yellow daisylike flowers reputed to destroy or drive away fleas
- n any of several North American plants of the genus Erigeron having daisylike flowers; formerly believed to repel fleas
- n common North American weed with linear leaves and small discoid heads of yellowish flowers; widely naturalized throughout temperate regions; sometimes placed in genus Erigeron
- The result: knee-high waves of goldenrod, aster, orchard grass and fleabane.
- No matter what is growing out back, whether catnip, horehound and fleabane, or chubby cabbages and Creeping figs, or heirloom roses and masses of delicate ranunculus, the garden .