- n making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
- n a small and often standardized accessory to a larger system
- n (usually plural) furnishings and equipment (especially for a ship or hotel)
- n putting clothes on to see whether they fit
- v be agreeable or acceptable to
- v be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired
- v satisfy a condition or restriction
- v make fit
- v insert or adjust several objects or people
- v be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
- v conform to some shape or size
- v provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose
- v make correspond or harmonize
- s in harmony with the spirit of particular persons or occasion
We have come to dedicate a portion of that field...It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this
- s being precisely fitting and right
- It is fitting, somehow, that Chanel was often photographed holding a cigarette or standing in front of her famous Art Deco wall of mirrors.
- In April, Facebook photos of her unwinding in a tight-fitting version of a police uniform were deemed inappropriate by Swimming Australia.
- Bra fitting is not sexy, it is scientific.
News & Articles
- Time on hockey fans' side during Stanley Cup Finals
It seems fitting that the Stanley Cup Finals during a shortened season would feature the most overtime hockey in finals history.
June 21, 2013 - amNewYork
- Pena's homer in 10th lifts Astros
HOUSTON -- In a fitting turn of events, a defensive miscue cost the Milwaukee Brewers dearly and paved the way for the Houston Astros to wipe the slate clean of the mistakes that created an early deficit on Thursday afternoon.
June 20, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Rookies fitting in on Seahawks defensive line
Rookies fitting in on Seahawks defensive line Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 9:36 am, Friday, June 14, 2013 Rookies fitting in on Seahawks defensive line (AP) — Seattle's secondary was already one of the league's best and the Seahawks had signed free agents Cliff Avril and ...
June 17, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Barack Obama in CBS2 Chicago
I don't want to meddle. I will say this: Rose, Noah, it's a pretty good core, you could see LeBron fitting in well,he said.
- Alan Shearer in Telegraph.co.uk
Sunday was a fitting tribute to him and he will be sadly missed by everyone, not just by people in the football world but from all walks of life,Shearer said. "It's a very sad day for everyone, especially his family, his close friends and...
- Jim Leyland in Washington Post
I guess it's fitting to say there was a loser in this game because we lost the game, but it's hard for me to believe there was a loser in this game,Tigers manager Jim Leyland said. "Both teams played their hearts out. You can't ask for...