fissile : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a capable of undergoing nuclear fission
- a capable of being split or cleft or divided in the direction of the grain
- With sufficient fissile material in hand, a trained engineer could build a crude device without too much difficulty.
- As Roh sees it, any action that could provoke Kim Jong Il to fighteconomic sanctions, a surgical strike to take out nuclear reactors that provide fissile materials for bombs .
- Our objective should be to focus on the country's nuclear program, insisting on its complete dismantlement and a full accounting of fissile material.
News & Articles
- North Korea nuclear test still shrouded in mystery
By Fredrik Dahl VIENNA (Reuters) - The outside world may never find out what type of fissile material North Korea used in its nuclear test four months ago, leaving a key question about the explosion unanswered, officials and experts said on Tuesday. The isolated northeast Asian state is believed to have tested plutonium bombs in two previous such blasts, in 2006 and 2009. Any switch to uranium ...
June 18, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Condoleezza Rice in Guardian Unlimited
Iran needs to stop enrichment and reprocessing activities because those enriching and reprocessing activities permit, if they are perfected, a state to acquire fissile material for a nuclear weapon,Rice said.
- Vice President Dick Cheney in International Herald Tribune
They have continued to aggressively pursue nuclear weapons, in terms of their efforts to enrich uranium to produce fissile materials so they can build a bomb,Cheney said. "One of the things I worry about most is that linkage between a...
- David Kay in Minneapolis Star Tribune
My personal guess is they are two to five years away from having a sufficient amount of fissile material and weapon design work to put them in a place where you believe they have the capability of putting a warhead on the end of a missile,Kay...