fishtail : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v slow down by moving the tail sideways
The airplane fishtailed on the runway
- She is beautiful, and with what elegant sexuality she twists about in tight-curving, fishtail skirts.
- In extreme cases, or under slippery conditions, the rear of the car may fishtail out of control.
- We're on a skid pad, a circular track slicked down with water, and I'm speeding around it so fast that the rear tires lose traction and the car goes into a fishtail.
News & Articles
- Mollie King Shows Skin in Louis Heal Sheer Gown
The Saturdays singer Mollie King attended the 2013 Glamour Women of the Year Awards held at Berkeley Square Gardens in London, England. 26-year-old fashionable lady looked every inch a bombshell in a bold Louis Heal gown. Super sexy, Mollie King stole the show in red double silk satin fishtail panel gown with gold detail belt from Louis Heal Autumn/Winter 2013 collection . She teamed her show ...
June 7, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Mirror, Mirror: Shorter 'do is cooler in every way
In recent summers, mane trends dictated that women had to brave the humidity in wavy, below-the-shoulder hair. The only stylish relief was a fishtail braid.
June 6, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Lance Armstrong in SI.com
When the car's brain senses that one of its wheels is losing traction, "it backs off that wheel," Armstrong explains, "so you'll never fishtail, even in the rain."
- Wes Helms in MLB.com
He shaved off about 30 percent of the meniscus "that was flapping like a fishtail," Helms said.