- s of members of a team; not substitutes
- s being a regular member of a team
- At second base, little Frank ("Creepy") Crespi displayed some fancy fielding; at bat, big Walker Cooper, filling in as first-string catcher, proved a valuable newcomer to .
- All of Manhattan's first-string critics were invited, and they accepted.
- A first-string performer for The New Yorker since he began to mail in drawings in 1941, he has repeated some of his New Yorker work in All in Line.
News & Articles
- Penn State releases summer depth chart
Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien released the team's post-spring depth chart on Thursday, which shows a few key position battles on tap when preseason practice begins in August. You can see the entire depth chart here. O'Brien is clearly not ready to hand the starting quarterback job to junior college transfer Tyler Ferguson, who had the edge in spring practice. The first-string quarterback ...
June 13, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Bill Parcells in SportingNews.com
I wish they would do that,Parcells said, "because their first-string quarterback gives you a lot of problems when he's got his hands on the ball every play. If they put their second-string quarterback in, it means the first-team...
- Jeff Hostetler in Newsday
The good thing for is that it happened early,Hostetler said. "He's been taking so many reps with the first-string guys because of,[Brady's preseason foot injury] so in that sense, he feels comfortable with those guys. But now the pressure...
- Kellen Clemens in White Plains Journal News
Now I'm starting to develop more of a relationship with those first-string wide receivers,said Clemens, who also started a 20-13 loss at Baltimore in Week 2 as Pennington recovered from an ankle injury. "So any time that you can do that...