firearm : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a portable gun
he wore his firearm in a shoulder holster
- That was followed by still more clarification: Romney insisted he has hunted small animals for many years, though he does not actually own a firearm.
- It was the first time he had used a firearm, and it took him four shots.
- A brief from the official California Justice Department web site reads: "In most cases, if you keep any loaded firearm within any premise which is under your custody or control and .
News & Articles
- Calif. shooter, denied firearm, made illegal weapon
The gunman in a shooting spree in Santa Monica that left five dead plus the shooter tried to legally buy a firearm in 2011 but was denied by the Justice Department, the city’s police chief announced Thursday evening at a news conference on the events that led up to the deadly rampage.
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Spike in firearm thefts putting guns in hands of criminals
While state legislators focus on expanding background checks on people purchasing firearms, more guns than ever are being stolen from homes, business and vehicles, putting firearms directly in the hands of criminals. And, law-enforcement officials say it's up to gun owners to stop that.
June 13, 2013 - KOMO Seattle
- Gregg County man is sentenced to 10 years for possession of a stolen firearm
A Gregg County man is sentenced to jail for possession of a stolen firearm. Kym David Pearce, 52, pleaded guilty on February 8, 2013 to possession of a stolen firearm and was sentenced to 120 months in prison today. Promote to Mobile read more
June 12, 2013 - KETK 56 Tyler
- Antonin Scalia in Christian Science Monitor
Under any standards of scrutiny that we have applied to enumerated constitutional rights, banning from the home the most preferred firearm in the nation to keep and use for protection of one's home and family, would fail constitutional muster,...
- Michael Bloomberg in Forbes
Explaining that 'the need for defense of self, family, and property is most acute' in the home, we found that this right applies to handguns because they are 'the most preferred firearm in the nation to 'keep' and use for protection of one's home... Samuel Alito http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Alito&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGIxeyUSjyffal7TFe2oLlUjRO4uQ Lakeland Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.lakelandtimes.com/main.asp%3FSectionID%3D9%26SubSectionID%3D9%26ArticleID%3D11597&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFEYW2FJPPVdbQ5VjM9YbD1LcMyBg Jul 6, 2010
37610 48691 firearm Although it is too early to draw conclusions about this mornings shootings ...... we know that the NYPD officers on the scene had reason to believe that an altercation involving a firearm was about to happen and were trying to stop it," Mayor...