- a involving financial matters
- Corporate titan Adolf Merckle succumbs to financial losses and criticism, taking his own life.
- Battling extradition over charges of embezzlement, a financier says he's the fall guy for the 1997 financial crash.
- Promoting Integrity in Financial Markets: We commit to protect the integrity of the world's financial markets by bolstering investor and consumer protection, avoiding conflicts .
- Barack Obama in CBS News
Mr. Obama calls it "a corporation that finds itself in financial distress due to recklessness and greed."
- Ben Bernanke in Wall Street Journal
Fears of financial collapse have receded substantially,Mr. Bernanke said at the Federal Reserve's annual retreat at Jackson Hole, Wyo. "After contracting sharply over the past year, economic activity appears to be leveling out, both in the...
- Henry Paulson in Times Online
We regret having to take these actions. Today's actions are not what we ever wanted to do, but today's actions are what we must do to restore confidence to our financial system,Mr Paulson told a news conference.