- n a protein present in blood plasma; converts to fibrin when blood clots
- Then he recorded their levels of cholesterol, insulin, glucose, a clotting agent known as fibrinogen, inflammatory proteins that contribute to heart disease, and insulin resistance .
- Fibrin Film, also made of fibrinogen, is used to replace lost dura, the coating of the brain.
- There was fibrinogen, raw material from which fibrin film and fibrin foam are made, to close wounds and cover the brain in daring, delicate surgery.
News & Articles
- Certain inflammatory biomarkers associated with increased risk of COPD exacerbations
Simultaneously elevated levels of the biomarkers C-reactive protein, fibrinogen and leukocyte count in individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) were associated with increased risk of having exacerbations, even in those with milder COPD and in those without previous exacerbations, according to a study in the June 12 issue of JAMA.
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Diagnostic to assess clotting disorders in surgery raises new capital
A medical device company has raised nearly $1.3 million to advance a diagnostic to detect life-threatening bleeding and blood clots, according to a Form D filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. HemoSonics‘ Point of Care Analyzer evaluates the systems that manage clotting: platelets, coagulation factors, fibrinogen and fibrinolytic proteins. The device is being [...]
June 11, 2013 - MedCity News