- n the act of destroying a fetus
- Female feticide was soon being perpetrated by the rich, poor, educated and illiterate.
- Alarmed by such imbalances, some governments have taken steps to limit the use of amniocentesis as a prelude to female feticide.
- There are just 910 women for every 1,000 men, a result of female feticide and infanticide as well as sheer neglect and malnutrition--and barely 20% of them are literate.
News & Articles
- Event brings attention to gender inequality
By KATHY CHANG Staff Writer NORTH BRUNSWICK — Some 7,000 fewer girls than boys are born daily, mainly due to female feticide. In India and China, more than 1.5 million fewer girls are born each year than demographics would predict. read more
July 9, 2013 - North South Brunswick Sentinel
- Renuka Chowdhury in International Herald Tribune
Female feticide should be treated as a crime and not just a social evil, therefore stringent punishment and punitive action is required,Renuka Choudhury, India's women and child development minister, said Monday.
- Sandhya in International Herald Tribune
The main objective of the human chain was to put pressure on the state government to nab and punish the persons, including doctors, involved in the recent cases of female feticide,said Sandhya Mohapatra, one of the participants.