fete : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an elaborate party (often outdoors)
- n an organized series of acts and performances (usually in one place)
- v have a celebration
- Speaking only Japanese and proud of his eccentricities, Pearl King Mikimoto loves to fete Occidental visitors to his pearl farm.
- He asked Coldplay to play this little fete and picked us up at the airport.
- Mario Anzuoni Reuters Corbis But above all, this midday fete is engineered to give the movie's star one final turn in the spotlight.
News & Articles
- Maria Menounos Parties With Kardashians, Dishes Dirt On Nicholson
Maria Menounos is in headlines this week after celebrating her birthday with the Kardashians and then dishing some dirt on Jack Nicholson. Menounos threw herself a birthday fete at her home last week and invited the reality-show family as well …
June 12, 2013 - WebProNews
- Emma Watson Brings The Bling Ring to the Big Apple
Emma Watson and her Bling Ring costars premiered their new project in NYC last night at the Paris Theatre. She was joined by director Sofia Coppola, Katie Chang, Israel Broussard, and the rest of the cast for the East Coast fete for the new film. The gang hooked up in LA last week when they premiered The Bling Ring alongside stars like Gwen Stefani and real-life Bling Ring victim Paris Hilton ...
June 12, 2013 - PopSugar
- Cougar baseball teams honored
Members of Crisp County High’s record-setting 2013 varsity baseball team were honored along with junior varsity and middle school players at an awards fete held last week in the school cafetorium.
June 12, 2013 - Cordele Dispatch
- John Lennon in BBC News
I was playing at a garden fete in the village where I lived just outside Liverpool playing with a skiffle group,says Lennon. "And he came along and that's how we met."
- Kevin Blackwell in Yorkshire Post
Blackwell said: "It is a fete accompli that 'Killa' will be going. He spoke to Trevor Birch but we can't reach an agreement. At the moment, this club is not in a position to offer outrageous terms to anyone. We can't afford to pay the terms we used...
- Kevin Rudd in Herald Sun
I'd like to see lots of money raised for my local church fete,Mr Rudd said.