festoon : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a curtain of fabric draped and bound at intervals to form graceful curves
- n an embellishment consisting of a decorative representation of a string of flowers suspended between two points; used on pottery or in architectural work
- n flower chains suspended in curves between points as a decoration
- v decorate with strings of flowers
The public buildings were festooned for the holiday
- Consider that the healthiest foods in the supermarket--the fresh produce--are the ones that don't make FDA-approved health claims, which typically festoon the packages of the most .
- Twinkly colored lights festoon all things.
- Decaying plaster and peeling paint festoon its dark blue hall ways, and a flight of creaky wood stairs leads down to an oppressively low-ceilinged cellar that reeks of dog .