- s marked by extreme and violent energy
a ferocious beating
- The battle is as long as it is ferocious, and in the audience I saw the movie with, nobody took a breath until it was over.
- The CBS flap is one more sign of the ferocious struggle between political partisans to see the world their way: The Paper Chase How did Dan Rather get in this fix?.
- The suicide of a retired Oklahoma professor is the impetus for a ferocious family get-together.
- Richard Branson in CTV.ca
We know we're going to go through ferocious weather, and that's what we need to get the speeds we need to cross the Atlantic,said Branson, the 58-year-old chairman of the Virgin Group. "But obviously we don't want the kind of storm that's...
- Mahmoud Abbas in Sydney Morning Herald
This is the 18th day of the Israeli aggression against our people, which is become more ferocious each day as the number of victims rises,Abbas said. "Israel is keeping up this aggression to wipe out our people over there."
- Luka Modric in guardian.co.uk
It's like my whole world has crumbled because I will be out for at least six weeks. I am terribly sad,Modric told the Croatian newspaper Jutarnji List. "It wasn't a ferocious tackle but it hurt awfully and I knew something was wrong the...