femoral : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or near the femur or thigh
- One doctor felt a faint carotid pulse, another felt a femoral pulse.
- For example, the femoral neckthe bent portion at the top of the boneis broader in humans than it is in apes, which improves balance.
- He handed it to Wyatt, who needed two to stanch the blood flowing from his femoral artery.
News & Articles
- Teleflex Receives FDA Clearance for ARROW NextStep Retrograde Femoral Length Dialysis Catheters
Teleflex Incorporated , a leading global provider of medical devices for critical care and surgery, has announced it has received FDA 510 clearance to market its ARROW® NextStep® Retrograde Femoral Length Dialysis Catheters.
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- US Interventional Cardiologists Dramatically Increase Use Of Wrist Access
In the last six years interventional cardiologists have dramatically increased their use of a new technique to send catheters to the heart for their procedures, though still only a small percentage of procedures are performed using the new approach. Instead of puncturing a hole in the femoral artery in the groin and snaking a catheter to theheart they are using the much-smaller radial artery in ...
June 10, 2013 - Forbes
- Teleflex gets FDA clearance for ARROW catheters
Teleflex has announced it has received FDA clearance to market its ARROW NextStep Retrograde Femoral Length Dialysis Catheters. The ARROW NextStep Retrograde Hemodialysis Catheter is the first of its kind ...
June 10, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance