female : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an animal that produces gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes (spermatozoa)
- n a person who belongs to the sex that can have babies
- a being the sex (of plant or animal) that produces fertilizable gametes (ova) from which offspring develop
a female heir
female holly trees bear the berries
- s characteristic of or peculiar to a woman
- s for or pertaining to or composed of women or girls
the female lead in the play
a female chorus
- It's always been classier, and a lot more dignified, to be a woman than a female.
- The 30 male and 15 female candidates are part of a program to pick five men and two women astronauts to participate in three more manned missions planned before 2012.
- A PTI cover story on the nature of the female midlife crisis - how do women deal with midlife differently than men?.
News & Articles
- Female Crash Victim Dies After Cars Collide Near Brentwood
A female in a two-car head-on collision near Brentwood Saturday morning has died, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
June 15, 2013 - CBS San Francisco
- Female Brea teacher arrested for sex with male student
A female Brea high school teacher was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of having sex with a male student.
June 14, 2013 - KABC-TV Los Angeles
- Female official Sarah Thomas getting closer to the NFL
Longtime college football official Sarah Thomas is working toward becoming the first female to serve on an NFL officiating crew. Thomas, who has officiated Conference-USA games for the last eight seasons, worked at the Colts’ minicamp this week in the NFL’s officiating development program, and she’ll be back in Indianapolis next month to work the…
June 14, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProFootballTalk