fatherless : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having no living father
- s not having a known or legally responsible father
- The growth in fatherless families, after all, is encouraged less by television than by welfare policies that punish poor mothers who marry -- policies that Bush and Quayle should .
- In fatherless households and fractured neighborhoods, millions of four- to seven-year-olds, the baby boomers' own mini-boom, are headed for their teens.
- Combs grew up fatherless in New York City: Melvin Combs was killed when his son was three, a victim of a street deal gone awry.
- Al Sharpton in FOXNews
The irony is that people are squabbling over things that James Brown created and earned,Sharpton said. "He didn't inherit anything. He grew up fatherless, motherless, penniless and left people arguing over what they inherit from him."
- Mike Wilson in Kotaku Australia
It gets particularly nasty near the end of the letter, when Wilson says to Romero "your unparalleled work ethic and strong character has [......] left only a bloody trail of ex-wives, fatherless kids, and ill advised breast implants strewn across...
- Bill Cosby in Earthtimes (press release)
If you have this as generational, fatherless situation -- unwed father or whatever -- but the male is not there, then it registers on another person -- on the child -- as abandonment,Cosby said.