- a bringing death
- s having momentous consequences; of decisive importance
the fatal day of the election finally arrived
- s (of events) having extremely unfortunate or dire consequences; bringing ruin
such doctrines, if true, would be absolutely fatal to my theory"- Charles Darwin
it is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it"- Douglas MacArthur
- s controlled or decreed by fate; predetermined
a fatal series of events
- Poland's brash union organizer stood up to the Kremlin and dealt the Eastern bloc a fatal blow.
- But this is, in fact, our first fatal accident on reentry.
- In short, the unusual spate of fatal attacks may have been a ghastly coincidence--but that doesn't mean they were entirely random.
News & Articles
- Fatal crash closes eastbound lanes at Shields Boulevard on I-40
A fatal crash has been reported on Interstate 40 in south Oklahoma City. The eastbound lanes of I-40 at Shields Boulevard are shut down.
June 19, 2013 - The Oklahoman
- Fatal Crash in Jonesboro
Police believe speed and alcohol both played factors in a fatal car crash in Jonesboro early Wednesday morning. State police say 48-year old Daniel Snowdeal of Jonesboro was driving on Route 1A when he lost control and struck a pole. The vehicle flipped over. The report came in just before . . .
June 19, 2013 - WABI Bangor
- Fatal Motorcycle Crash Ties up SF Traffic on 101
A fatal motorcycle collision blocked the three left lanes of U.S. Highway 101 in San Francisco Tuesday, according to the California Highway Patrol. Photo Credit: NBC Bay Area
June 18, 2013 - NBC Bay Area
- Barack Obama in Forbes
Junkie. Pothead. That's where I'd been headed: the final fatal role of the young would be black man,Obama wrote.
- Jacques Rogge in CBS News
Here you have a young athlete that lost his life in pursuing his passion,Rogge added. "He had a dream to participate in the Olympic Games. He trained hard and he had this fatal accident. I have no words to say what we feel."
- Barack Obama in CNN International
This was a final shot to those who, in the past several years, spread a sense of threat and concern in the world through lies of nuclear weapons ...... Thanks to your resistance, a fatal shot was fired at the dreams of ill-wishers and the... Mahmoud Ahmadinejad http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEdh4AygrXV5Hsg5J9mlCGU2w0XEA Forbes http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/12/05/ap4405904.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEC692Njg0noqVR-r5Wx9ZGnIXNtA Dec 5, 2007
36514 47268 fatalism Some argue that the spread of these weapons cannot be stopped," Obama said. "Such fatalism is a deadly adversary. If we believe that, then we are admitting that the use of nuclear weapons is inevitable."