- n a person who fastens or makes fast
he found the door fastened and wondered who the fastener was
- n restraint that attaches to something or holds something in place
- Because slide fasteners have tiny parts with precision fittings, the industry had to use an easily workable copper base.
- The nonmetallic, zipperlike fastener is called Velcro, consists of two strips of fabric, one with thousands of tiny nylon hooks, the other with thousands of equally tiny nylon loops.
- As the hands of Boeing's workers graced the final product on Sunday, checking out the landing gear, the fasteners, the smooth sides that lacked the ripples often caused by aluminum .
News & Articles
- CNC-Based Centerless Grinder suits aerospace applications.
With NUM's Flexium CNC kernel, Cincinnati 2-OM centerless grinders gain automated, precision machining capabilities. There are 4 variants, with choice of 3 autoloading options, and application-specific software is included to automate production of specialist countersink, button-head, and relief style fasteners. NUM-based upgrades transform Cincinnati 2-OM hydraulic- and mechanical-dressing ...
June 20, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Doncasters Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire Automatic SMP — a Specialty Fasteners Company
17 June 2013, Le Bourget – UK based Doncasters Group announced today that it has signed a letter of intent to purchase Automatic SMP (ASMP), a recognised manufacturer of internally threaded fasteners & precision components.
June 18, 2013 - Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- Armodilo Brings Tablet Enclosure Security To A New Level
Armodilo Display Solutions has added a higher level of security to its tablet enclosures by offering Armodilo SecureLock™ fasteners. (PRWeb June 18, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/iPad-Kiosk/Tablet-Display-Stand/prweb10842345.htm
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Jack Roush in USA Today
We have conducted a thorough internal investigation and have found no evidence whatsoever that anyone intended for the bolt/nut fastener to fail to secure the lid for the entire race,team owner Jack Roush said Wednesday. "We have...
- Jim McNerney in Reuters.uk
You know the root cause here -- the fastener industry got consolidated, post 9/11,said McNerney. "The consolidators misjudged the demand swingback -- a lot of us misjudged the demand swingback -- post 9/11."
- Don Manzullo in FOXBusiness
When we first discussed the possibility of restarting aerospace fastener manufacturing less than a year ago, I immediately sensed a strong commitment from Acument officials,Manzullo said. "Since then, Acument has launched an R&D study with...