fascism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a political theory advocating an authoritarian hierarchical government (as opposed to democracy or liberalism)
- That, in its essence, is fascismownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any other controlling private power.
- He notes that America's fascism would consist of an alliance of big business with government, to produce a new corporate authoritarianism that Gross thought subverted .
- The avatar of fascism posed the century's greatest threat to democracy and redefined the meaning of evil forever.
News & Articles
- ‘Inner Voices’ a beautiful study in any language
In one of the most beguiling scenes in Eduardo De Filippo’s play, “Inner Voices,” an elderly man recalls how in a happy Neapolitan household people would routinely move the furniture around, changing the position of a dresser or placement of a carpet. The realignment was a reliable source of contentment. But not now. The “now” is the time immediately after World War II. Fascism had just been ...
June 25, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Barack Obama in Dallas Morning News
Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions,Obama said in his address. "They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor...