- n a self-governing colony that is a possession of Denmark in the Faroe Islands
- n a group of 21 volcanic islands in the North Atlantic between Iceland and the Shetland Islands
News & Articles
- EU bans herring, mackerel imports from Faeroe Islands to prevent overfishing
BRUSSELS — The European Union is escalating a spat over fishing quotas with the tiny Faeroe Islands in what it calls a bid to prevent overfishing. The EU Commission, the 28-nation bloc's executive arm, said Tuesday it is banning imports of herring and mackerel from the Faeroes.
Aug. 20, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Eric Abidal in USA Today
During our qualifying campaign, we created a lot of chances but we were not always rewarded with goals,Abidal said. "Yesterday we scored anytime and it felt good. But Faeroes are not a big opponent and now we have to do this against better...
- Craig Gordon in Times Online
It probably wasn't the kind of performance we were looking for, but the two goals in the first half killed the game and we managed to close it out and take the three points,Gordon said. "It could have become more jittery if the Faeroes had...
- Alex McLeish in Times Online
People have asked why Scotland have struggled up here, but it's not just us,McLeish said. "If you look at the Czechs, Germany, Ukraine, even Italy, they have all toiled to get results here because of the sheer numbers of Faeroes defenders...