- v give expression to
- v articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise
She expressed her anger
- v serve as a means for expressing something
- v indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.
- v manifest the effects of (a gene or genetic trait)
- v obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action
- v send by rapid transport or special messenger service
She expressed the letter to Florida
- s communicated in words
- a precisely and clearly expressed or readily observable; leaving nothing to implication
- At the same time, he expressed interest in "reducing and limiting the authority" of all security contractors in Iraq, not just Blackwater, the senior official said.
- The British have always been good at silence at family meals spent wordlessly; intense emotions expressed through a hand on the shoulder but on Sept.
- AIDS activists were outraged at her ejection, and expressed disbelief that Mbeki would fire the minister, a woman, on the eve of Women's Day, a public holiday in South Africa.
News & Articles
- Agenda item divides Falmouth selectmen
Selectman Kevin Murphy expressed concerns to Selectmen Chairman Brent Putnam on June 17 about placing an item to “entertain comments and questions from the public and the press” at the end of the selectmen’s meetings on June 10 and June 17.
June 22, 2013 - The Falmouth Bulletin
- Investors seek to oust entire CommonWealth board
Investors who have expressed interest in buying CommonWealth REIT say they've got support from holders of more than 70 percent of the company's shares to remove the entire board of directors. Corvex Management ...
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Sequentially expressed genes in neural progenitors create neural diversity, NYU biologists find
( New York University ) A team of NYU biologists has found that a series of genes sequentially expressed in brain stem cells control the generation of neural diversity in visual system of fruit flies. Their results are reported in the latest issue of the journal Nature.
June 19, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Barack Obama in St. Louis Post-Dispatch
That anger may not get expressed in public, in front of white co-workers or white friends,Obama said.
- David Triesman in Times of India
He said he "commentated on speculation circulating about conspiracies around the world. Those comments were never intended to be taken seriously as indeed is the case with many private conversations. The views expressed were not the views of the...
- Jose Canseco in ESPN
I have never had a conversation with Clemens in which he expressed any interest in using steroids or human growth hormone,Canseco said in the affidavit. "Clemens has never asked me to give steroids or human growth hormone, and I have never...