explosive : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a chemical substance that undergoes a rapid chemical change (with the production of gas) on being heated or struck
- a serving to explode or characterized by explosion or sudden outburst
an explosive device
an explosive temper
- s liable to lead to sudden change or violence
an explosive issue
- s sudden and loud
an explosive laugh
- The saga of what exactly happened to the explosives at the al-Qaqaa facility, followed by the airing of a fresh Osama bin Laden videotape (see NOTEBOOK), cast into high relief a .
- By shooting water into a minefield and monitoring sounds, the system can detect and disarm explosives without setting them off.
- Nukes and gases may be on Bin Laden's wish list, but explosives that can be easily smuggled on board airliners are accessible and potentially devastating.
News & Articles
- Iowa bomb squad disposes explosive device in car - ABC5 News Des Moines, IA
MARION, Iowa (AP) - Authorities in eastern Iowa say a bomb squad has disposed of an explosive device found in a vehicle driven by a man facing assault and reckless driving charges.
June 20, 2013 - WOI-TV Des Moines
- Iowa bomb squad disposes explosive device in car
Authorities in eastern Iowa say a bomb squad has disposed of an explosive device found in a vehicle driven by a man facing assault and reckless driving charges.
June 20, 2013 - KWQC-TV 6 Davenport
- Explosive device found during residence search
In addition to drug charges, John Edward Walling, 35, of 406 E. Washington St., has also been charged with possession of explosive or incendiary materials after a search of his residence uncovered an item Walling said was a “homemade bomb.” Possession of explosive or incendiary materials is an aggravated misdemeanor, which is punishable by up to two years in prison or a $6,250 fine. Additionally ...
June 19, 2013 - Washington Evening Journal