explode : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause to burst with a violent release of energy
We exploded the nuclear bomb
- v burst outward, usually with noise
The champagne bottle exploded
- v show a violent emotional reaction
The boss exploded when he heard of the resignation of the secretary
- v be unleashed; emerge with violence or noise
His anger exploded
- v destroy by exploding
The enemy exploded the bridge
- v cause to burst as a result of air pressure; of stop consonants like /p/, /t/, and /k/
- v drive from the stage by noisy disapproval
- v show (a theory or claim) to be baseless, or refute and make obsolete
- v burst and release energy as through a violent chemical or physical reaction
The Molotov cocktail exploded
- v increase rapidly and in an uncontrolled manner
- Israel occupies the West Bank town of Ramallah, as terror continues to explode at home.
- Ferran Adria has won the adulation of food critics and cooks by whipping up startling combinations of texture, temperature and taste: bite-size cuttlefish ravioli that explode in a .
- At a time when most of us were afraid that the aids epidemic would explode in Thailand, with its buoyant sex trade and problems of drug addiction, Mechai spearheaded an aggressive .
News & Articles
- Iraqi officials say several car bombs explode in northern city of Mosul, killing at least 11
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraqi officials say several car bombs explode in northern city of Mosul, killing at least 11.
June 10, 2013 - Boston Globe
- MLB replay: Cardinals explode in extra innings
MLB replay: Cardinals explode in extra innings The St. Louis Cardinals are the only team in the majors with 40 wins this season. After an 11-4, 10-inning win over the Cincinnati Reds Sunday night, their record is 41-22.Make no mistake, the Cardinals are tops in the National League and proved it Sunday, taking two of three from second-place Cincinnati.The NL Central rivals were tied at four ...
June 10, 2013 - Sentinel & Enterprise
- Iraqi officials say several car bombs explode in northern city of Mosul, killing at least 11 - Quincy Herald-Whig ...
BAGHDAD (AP) - Iraqi officials say several car bombs explode in northern city of Mosul, killing at least 11.
June 10, 2013 - Quincy Herald-Whig
- Kent Conrad in USA Today
The president wants to make the tax cuts permanent even though all the forecasts show that will explode the debt right at the time the baby boomers retire,Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad, DN.D., said in an interview Sunday....
- Brian Vickers in International Herald Tribune
I felt a bomb explode in my right front tire,Vickers said. "I just went down into the tri-oval and it didn't cut or go flat - it exploded. I saw the right front fender going through the air before the front of the car even dropped. It was...