- v regard something as probable or likely
- v consider obligatory; request and expect
- v look forward to the probable occurrence of
- v consider reasonable or due
- v look forward to the birth of a child
- v be pregnant with
- a considered likely or probable to happen or arrive
prepared for the expected attack
- A record number of Americans are expected to pull the lever long before November 4.
- By the end of February, the White House is expected to double the sum on bin Laden's head, to $50 million, acting on legislation passed in November by Congress.
- Primary expected to give Warren a solid 70.
News & Articles
- Crews expected to resume search for missing person at Lake Lillononah
Crews are expected to resume the search for a reported missing person at Lake Lillnonah in New Milford Wednesday morning.
June 12, 2013 - Eyewitness News 3 Hartford
- Temperatures expected to reach the 90s today
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Temperatures are expected to climb in the 90s today for the Charlotte region. If the area reaches the 90s it will be the first time this year, according to the First Warn Storm Team. "The Charlotte region has a good chance of seeing temperatures in the 90s later this afternoon," forecaster Larry Sprinkle said. "There's a small chance of rain or a storm for some in the viewing ...
June 12, 2013 - WCNC Charlotte
- Immigration bill expected to overcome early hurdles in the Senate
The Senate is expected to proceed toward a bill that would overhaul the nation's immigration system Tuesday, overcoming an early hurdle for what is expected to be a monthslong process. The chamber will take up a procedural vote that allows senators to begin voting on amendments to the immigration bill, crafted by the bipartisan Gang [...]
June 11, 2013 - The Ticket via Yahoo! News
- Vicente del Bosque in Stamford Advocate
We can say Germany wasn't as good as we thought they'd be today,Spain Coach Vicente del Bosque said. "But that is due to the excellent performance of our team. Bottom line is we played better than expected."
- Eliot Spitzer in International Herald Tribune
From those to whom much is given, much is expected,Spitzer said. "I have been given much: the love of my family, the faith and trust of the people of New York and the chance to lead this state. I am deeply sorry that I did not live up to...
- Scott Skiles in The Associated Press
Now the thing that's going to happen is, the script is going to flip and we're going to be expected to do something, as opposed to being picked last or second-to-last in the East,Skiles said. "And that's good. That's what we want."